Carrot Cake Dog Treat
With Spring in full swing, these homemade treats are perfect to make for your dog! Great for celebrating the season together.
Carrot Cake Dog Treats
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooke Time: 45 minutes
- Recipe makes about 10 treats.
- 1 cup Rolled Oats Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup Flour Gluten Free
- 1.5 tsp Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil Organic
- 2 Eggs Cage free, organic
- 1/2 cup Milk Organic
- 1/4 cup Shredded Carrot Organic
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Combine oats, flour, eggs, coconut oil, canola oil and milk together and stir until batter is mixed thoroughly
- Add in the shredded carrots and mix thoroughly again
- Lay parchment paper down on a flat baking pan and take about a 1/2 cup worth of dough in your hands and shape them into a carrot shape on the parchment paper. The shape is pretty easy to freehand - rounded top going thinner to a point.
- Once you're ready, place the treats in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. You can put a toothpick through them to make sure they've baked all the way through.
- While the treats are baking, make the frosting
- Combine your shredded carrots and Greek yogurt in a food processor and blend together for a few minutes. Try not to overblend.
- Place the finished frosting back in the refrigerator
- Once the treats are finished baking, take them out to cool
- Once cooled, spread your frosting on top of the treats and add the parsley tops to the top of the treat to make it look like a carrot
- Put the treats in the freezer for an hour
- Serve and watch your pups enjoy!