Frozen Dog Treats
Looking for an easy homemade recipe to make for your dog this weekend?
Try these tasty homemade frozen dog treats! See below for the recipe.
Frozen Summer Dog Treats
- 1 banana
- 32 oz. plain yogurt, Greek or regular, unsweetened*
- 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter*
- Your favorite dog biscuits
*We used Greek yogurt so the mixture was thicker and the mini dog biscuit would stand up as a handle >> *make sure your peanut butter does not contain Xylitol, a natural sugar alcohol sweetener which is harmful to dogs
- Place all your ingredients in the blender or food processor and puree them.
- Place in your containers and allow them to freeze solid. (Up to 2 hours)
- When ready to serve, pop them out of your trays or peel the paper off your cups. The dog biscuit makes a convenient and tasty handle to pull the frozen treats out of the trays.
- These frozen treats are messy so you’ll want to give them to your dogs outdoors or where it’s easy to clean up!
*TIP: You can make these frozen treats in ice cubes trays for smaller size treats, but you can customize them for the size of your dog. Freeze your treats in a muffin pan, small paper cups, or plastic containers.