Donuts for Dogs
Today is #NationalDonutDay! While you shouldn't give your dog actual donuts made for humans to enjoy, you can try your hand (or paw!) at a homemade donut recipe that is safe to feed your dog. Check out the recipe below.
DIY Dog Donuts
To make these donuts, all you need is about 30 minutes and the following ingredients:
For the donuts:
– 2 cups of whole wheat flour
– 3 tbs. of vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
– 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
– a pinch of cinnamon
For the icing:
– 3 tbs. of peanut butter
– 2 tbs. of honey
– 1 tbs. yogurt
To make the doggie donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slowly mix ingredients together in a mixer or bowl.
- Add in warm water if the “dough” is too dry.
- Pour mixture in a donut pan and bake for 8-10 minutes based on oven type.
- Mix peanut butter, honey, and yogurt to make icing.
- Let donuts cool for at least 10-15 minutes before spreading on icing.
- Decorate with toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Tip: Refrigerate these after baking to keep them fresh for a maximum of 5 days afterwards. No preservatives means they go bad quicker but are a healthier option for your dogs!
Recipe courtesy of Mad Pup Life